Fabric: Quilting cottons both from JoAnn's Fabric
Modifications: Waist band and tie added (which eliminated the need for shirring); front piece shortened to accommodate waist band.
Business in the front, party in the back! The solid kelly green in contrast with the dusty blue print just makes my heart happy, and I made the front waistband with the blue print help tie it all together (literally HA).
Nate says I'm not good at regulating my body temperature (as if that's actually an achievable goal?!). I think he just hates that I get all snuggly warm under a blanket and end up kicking my socks off on the couch and he's the one that finds them later. Sad story for him. But, at least I've got the sleeveless shirt/cardigan system down for work, so BOOM! Temperature regulated, Dewitt.
Alright, here is my first attempt at the Washi. I didn't even have a serger at this point so all the seams are zig-zag stitched which works just as well! So if you don't have a serger, that shouldn't be a deterrent to you at all.
Modifications: None! I used the cap sleeve and the shirred back just as called for.
Yay for some more Me Made May! I'm loving seeing everyone's projects this month!
Thanks for stopping by,